General Terms and Conditions
We welcome you to the CollectiveAid and ask you to review our Terms and Conditions of Use.
CollectiveAid.co offers members an opportunity to donate proceeds from sells of goods and services to benefit non-profitable organizations, meet friends-of-friends in a known, trusted environment and save valuable time in connecting with people, leads, and information.
You understand and agree to the following: (a) if you choose to register, you must submit a valid e-mail address and select a password and username during the registration process; (b) You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your member name and password, and all uses of your account – whether or not you’ve authorized such use; (c) You agree to notify CollectiveAid Network immediately of any unauthorized use of your account and (d) You are at least 16 years of age. CollectiveAid Network will not be held liable for any loss or damage for non-compliance. In addition, you understand and agree that the content of all users, including your content, will be collected, aggregated and anonymously integrated into the CollectiveAid Network. You understand, and agree that, unless expressly stated, CollectiveAid Network in no way controls, verifies, or endorses any of the information contained on or in the CollectiveAid Network service, including links, events, messages, message boards and members published auctions and classifieds.
Registration is required to use CollectiveAid services and you must complete the CollectiveAid Network registration screen. As part of the registration process for the Service, you agree to: (a) provide certain limited information about you as prompted to do so by the Service (such information to be current, complete and accurate); and (b) maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate. The information requested upon original sign up shall be referred to as registration data (“Registration Data”). CollectiveAid Network reserves the right to delete accounts created by users who appropriate the name, likeness, email address, or other personally identifiable information of another individual. CollectiveAid Network reserves the right to refuse the Service to any user.
By agreeing to these Terms, members affirm that they will not use this service to harass or abuse other members. Individuals who have demonstrably harassed other individuals via message boards, private messages, auctions, classifieds, or using other means may be removed from CollectiveAid Network.
You are solely responsible for the contents of your actions through this website. You must ensure that your participation in the selling or buying of items and services does not violate any applicable laws or regulations. By this we mean that you must check that you entitled to sell or buy the relevant item and service that you are not prohibited from doing so by any law or regulation.
You must not transmit through the service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material. You must also not transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation.
You are fully responsible for any content you post on the CollectiveAid.co, including, but not limited to, photos, personal profile(s), message boards, auctions, classifieds, events, testimonials, e-mail messages – and the consequences of any such content.
You understand and agree that CollectiveAid Network may review from time to time and delete any content that violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or harm the safety of or violate the rights of other users and members.
Content that is illegal or prohibited, includes, but is not limited to, material, text, graphics, video or audio that:
- Is unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, bigoted, racially offensive, obscene or otherwise objectionable
- Displays sexually explicit material of any kind in an area that is not categorized for Mature Content
- Is intended or designed to disrupt an ongoing conversation via flaming (a message in which the writer publicly attacks another participant in overly harsh or personal terms) or trolling (deliberately posting derogatory or inflammatory comments in order to bait other users into responding).
- Encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation
- Transmits or posts any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “spam,” junk mail, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” etc.
- Transmits or posts any content that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights
- Transmits or posts any viruses or material designed to disrupt, limit or destroy any functionality of any computer software or hardware of users, members or the CollectiveAid Network
- Collects, stores or solicits information about other users or members for commercial or unlawful purposes or engage in commercial activity such as contests, sweepstakes, etc. without CollectiveAid Network prior consent
- Contains personally identifiable information about another member that is published without their express consent
- Contains material originally posted by another member that is reposted without permission or attribution
- Advertises any illegal services or the sale of any items prohibited or restricted by applicable law
- Has misleading email addresses or other manipulated identifiers to disguise its origin
CollectiveAid Network will NOT allow or tolerate the following content on its website:
- Explicitly sexual content — visual depictions or written descriptions
- Intense depictions or descriptions of violence or gore
- Obscene gestures
- Profanity that is sexual in nature or that is directed at another member
- Discussions or information about illicit substances
Note: Hate speech is not acceptable and will not be tolerated on CollectiveAid Network. As defined by CollectiveAid Network, hate speech may consist of symbols or images, as well as text.
CollectiveAid Network defines sexually oriented content as any material that depicts, in actual or simulated form, or explicitly describes, in a predominantly sexual context, human genitalia, any act of sexual intercourse, any act of sadism or masochism, or any other erotic subject directly related to the foregoing.
CollectiveAid Network reserves the right to refuse membership to anyone. CollectiveAid Network may terminate your membership and any and all information, communications or postings, at any time, without notice, for conduct that violates this Agreement.
This site acts as the window for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers’ auctions. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items listed the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot and do not control whether or not sellers will complete the sale of items they offer or buyers will complete the purchases of items or services they have bid on.
In addition, note that there are risks of dealing with foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
This Website shall not be responsible for any items sold by Auction, for any damage to items during transit or during the inspection period, nor for misrepresentations and/or breaches of contract by either buyer and/or seller. This website shall not be responsible for the cost of procurement of substitute goods/services or any losses resulting form any goods/services purchased or obtained.
This website assumes no liability for the content of the listings.
However if you fall victim of a fraudulent transaction we will assist you as much as we can.
CollectiveAid Network provides a platform where members MUST donate at least ten percent (10%) to verified nonprofit organization listed in this platform
Selling Practices Policy
To run a great business, sellers work hard to ensure a smooth and professional transaction with their buyers. This includes setting buyer expectations and meeting those expectations.
Some of the most basic things you can do are to provide accurate and consistent details about your item and to be clear and specific about the terms and conditions of the sale. You should also make every effort to provide excellent customer service from start to finish, including:
- Charging reasonable shipping and handling costs
- Specifying your handling time and return policy in your listing
- Responding to buyers’ questions promptly
- Being professional throughout the transaction
- Making sure the item/service is delivered to the buyer as described in your listing
To help you meet the seller performance standards on CollectiveAid, we’ve outlined the basic requirements that all sellers need to meet. We’ve also provided tips on how you can meet—and exceed—buyers’ expectations.
Be sure to follow the guidelines in this policy. If you don’t, your listings may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
In participating in the CollectiveAid Marketplace, Sellers will work to achieve a level of customer service that adheres to the following performance standards:
On-Time Fulfillment : at least 98% are fulfilled within the specified lead times for each product
Damage Rates : less than 2% of all orders
Cancellations : No greater than 2% of all orders
Order Defect Rate: less than 2% of all orders (this includes backorders, seller-faulted returns, and chargebacks)
Contact Response Time: within 24 hours, 7 days a week
The listing page serves as the main source of information for buyers, helping them decide what to buy and what to expect when they get an item or a service. So the page should only be used to describe the item for sale and to professionally communicate the terms of the sale.
What to do
- You’re required to:
- Describe only the item you’re selling in the listing and the terms of the sale.
- Provide complete and accurate details.
- Specify the condition of the item.
- Describe any defects or flaws—this helps avoid problems or buyer dissatisfaction.
- When selling used, refurbished, or flawed items, we recommend you include pictures of the actual item for sale, instead of a stock photo.
What not to do
- You’re not allowed to include conflicting or misleading product/service information in a listing. For example, if you’re offering a refurbished item, you can’t describe the condition as “New” in item specifics – or, if you offer auto mechanical services, you MUST do your utmost to
- You can’t include pictures that don’t accurately represent the item for sale.
- You can’t include comments that discourage buyers from participating or that could make them lose trust in CollectiveAid sellers and our website. For example, we don’t allow statements like “CollectiveAid holds me to a standard well above 4 stars. 4 stars will get me suspended, so please only leave 5 stars.”
Sellers’ Terms and conditions
It’s important that you clearly specify the terms and conditions of the sale in your listing, so buyers know what to expect.
- You’re required to include the following details in your listing:
- Forms of payment you accept
- Return policy
- Restocking fee, if applicable
- Shipping and handling method, costs, and other information
- Taxes and any applicable government imposed fees (such as electronic waste disposal fees)
- Tell buyers about the terms of the transaction in your listing.
- You’re required to meet the expectations you’ve set in your listing.
Not to Do
- You’re not allowed to provide inconsistent or misleading information on the terms and conditions of the sale.
- Once the buyer has committed to purchasing the item, you can’t change the terms of the sale.
- Examples of prohibited behavior include:
- Entering an amount for shipping costs when you’re listing an item, and then indicating that you charge a different amount either in the item description or after the buyer has committed to buying the item
- Providing false tracking information
- Stating in a listing that you accept returns, but refusing to do so after the item’s been purchased
- You’re not allowed to say that you’re not responsible for item delivery or ensuring that the item is delivered as described. For example, we don’t allow statements like “I am not responsible for the item once it’s dropped in the mail.”
When buyers bid on or purchase an item or a service on CollectiveAid, they should feel confident that the item/service is available and will be delivered in a timely manner.
- You must ensure the items you are offering are in stock for the duration of the listing and are delivered to the buyer, unless the buyer doesn’t meet the terms of your listing.
- If you run into an inventory problem that’s beyond your control, you’re still responsible for letting the buyer know when the item will be available or issuing a refund for the full amount immediately.
Not to Do
- You’re not allowed to:
- List an item that may be out of stock at the time of purchase.
- List an item that you’re simultaneously selling outside of CollectiveAid.
- Offer an item/service that may not be what’s delivered to the buyer.
Shipping and Handling Costs
Be sure to specify shipping costs and related service charges in your listings. It’s against our rules to provide unclear or misleading shipping information or to charge unreasonable fees for shipping and related services.
What You Can Charge
- Actual shipping cost: This is the amount for shipping the item. It should be what you paid the carrier.
- Handling cost: This can include the cost of packaging materials and insurance cost, if any.
- Delivery Confirmation and extra services: If these options are offered to the buyer, you can only charge what they actually cost. Examples of services include:
- Certificate of Mailing
- Certified Mail
- Collect on Delivery
- Delivery Confirmation
- Registered Mail
- Restricted Delivery
- Return Receipt
- Signature Confirmation
- Special Handling
- Tax and government imposed fees: Only applicable federal, state, country, city, Value Added Tax (VAT), or equivalent taxes may be charged.
- You can offer free shipping to select or all destinations.
- For a destination with free shipping, no other fees related to shipping, handling, or packaging can be charged.
- You’re not allowed to change the shipping method to a slower option.
What you’re not allowed to charge
- Insurance: You can’t charge a separate fee for insurance, although you still need to make sure your item arrives as described.
Tip: You should incorporate any insurance fees into an item’s price or handling cost.
- Tariffs, duties, and customs fees: For cross-border transactions, you’re not allowed to collect tariffs, duties, or customs fees. (Buyers may be responsible for paying these fees as required by country laws.)
Tip: Remember not to inappropriately classify an item as a gift as a way to avoid certain duties, tariffs, or customs fees. U.S. law prohibits submitting false or misleading customs information.
- Related fees: Things like gas, mileage, time spent at a carrier, employee wages, or CollectiveAid and PayPal fees should not be added.
Shipping and handling time
Buyers want to know when they can expect to get their items.
- You’re required to clearly and accurately specify in your listing when the item will be shipped.
- You’re also required to ship items within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Use tracking, Delivery Confirmation, or Signature Confirmation. That way, both you and your buyer can get the status on where the package is and when it will be delivered.
- For items above $250, using Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation can help protect you against cases in which an item wasn’t received.
Not to Do
- If PayPal places a temporary hold on payment received for an item you sold, you’re not allowed to hold shipment, pending the release of those funds (after 21 days).
Note that holding shipment may affect your detailed seller ratings and buyer satisfaction, which increases the chances of future PayPal payments being held.
Do whatever you can to provide excellent customer service. Meeting or exceeding buyers’ expectations can help you improve your performance on CollectiveAid.
- Respond promptly to any questions during the bidding or buying process, as well as after the item has been purchased.
- Communicate professionally, including in your emails.
- Send shipping updates with tracking information, if available.
- Be responsive to any buyer concerns or problems.
Not to Do
You’re not allowed to use profane or offensive language with anyone on CollectiveAid.
You’re required to specify your return policy in your listings, even if you don’t accept returns. However, we encourage you to accept returns because it helps increase buyer satisfaction.
- You’re required to specify if items can be returned and under what conditions
- If returns are accepted, you must specify:
- The time period for returns
- How the refund is issued
- Who pays for return shipping
- What is the restocking fee, if any
About restocking fees
- If you charge a restocking fee for returns, we recommend that you only ask for a reasonable amount.
- You shouldn’t charge restocking fees for items returned due to damages, defects, or not-as-described in the listing.
- Being upfront about returns and restocking fees should encourage buyers to resolve potential issues before they become bigger problems.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE COLLECTIVEAID Network SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF FILES, SOFTWARE, SERVICES AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT. THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE COLLECTIVEAID Network SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. COLLECTIVEAID Network, ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER COLLECTIVEAID Network, NOR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE, SERVICES AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE COLLECTIVEAID Network. SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES COLLECTIVEAID Network, ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL COLLECTIVEAID Network, ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, SERVICE, AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, EVEN IF COLLECTIVEAID Network HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER COLLECTIVEAID Network SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
INDEMNITY. YOU HEREBY AGREE, AT YOUR EXPENSE, TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD COLLECTIVEAID Network HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSS, COST, DAMAGES, LIABILITY, AND/OR EXPENSE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (A) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR ALLEGATIONS OF INFRINGEMENT BASED ON INFORMATION, DATA OR CONTENT YOU SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, (B) ANY FRAUD OR MANIPULATION, OR OTHER BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, BY YOU, OR (C) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR ALLEGATIONS BROUGHT AGAINST COLLECTIVEAID Network ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE.
This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings, proposals, agreements, negotiations, and discussions between the parties, whether written or oral. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for reviewing the terms of this Agreement from time to time. Any continued use of the CollectiveAid Services by you after such amended terms have been posted or information regarding such amendment has been sent to you, shall be deemed your consent and agreement to such amended terms.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of United States of America and state of California and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of United States of America and state of California.